For some reason, I really enjoy living out of my purse. I seem to have such an attachment to my favorite things that cramming them into a relatively small bag feels necessary. I mean, who knows where I’ll end up on any given day? Now, I don’t lug all of these around 24/7, but these are (most) of my “holy grail” products, AKA things I constantly buy and re-buy because they are so awesome.
1. Thierry Mugler Angel. This was my signature scent when I was 21 and I’ve fallen back in love with it this fall. I like my perfumes to make an entrance and Angel definitely does that. I had a man tell me, “I smelled your perfume before I saw you,” which I think is all kinds of awesome. Angel is not for everybody, but strippers love it and that’s endorsement enough for me. (If I had to narrow my collection down to three bottles I’d choose Angel, Frederic Malle Carnal Flower and Shalimar Eau Legere or Bobbi Brown Beach.)
2. MAC Ruby Woo. I’m on my third tube of this perfect ultra-matte bright cherry red. Ultimate favorite lipstick of all time.
3. Lancome Hypnose Drama. My love of Lancome mascara comes via my mother and though we both like to try other brands, none compare to the best of the biz. I always go back to Hypnose Drama for its mad lengthening skills. (FYI: Hypnose Star straight-up sucks.)
4. Butter London Come to Bed Red. Even though I have 100+ nail polishes, I really love a good bright red. This one is basically perfect.
5. Amlactin. You know those stupid little red bumps you get on your arms? This erases those in one night. I’m not kidding! It must be made by the gods.
6. Malin & Goetz lip moisturizer. If you wear as much lipstick as I do (all waking hours), your lips can’t be all flaky and nasty. If you live in Minnesota and the winters blow, it takes a toll on your lips too. How sad! I converted all of my coworkers to this amazing stuff. Put it on at night and you’ll have a gorgeous mouth when you wake up.
7. Clinique Even Better foundation. Though I love Boscia’s BB Cream in the summer when my skin looks tan and pretty, I need foundation in the colder months. I like to flirt around with others but this one is a mainstay. It really does fade dark spots after several weeks of continuous wear.
8. Aveda Be Curly. My hair is naturally wavy, but it doesn’t always look perfect when left to its own devices. This enhances my curl and beats down stupid unruly frizzies, making my hair look way sexier than it is.
Honorable mentions: Arcona Problem Skin kit, MAC Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack, MAC Kohl in Teddy, Urban Decay NAKED I palette, Essie Bahama Mama polish